Dolphin Brains

It's kinda hard to explain exactly how I got here, but I was trying to reproduce something I did before but didn't save. Started out with three variations checked: Linear, Spherical, and Waves. Generated the random batch and looked for one with only three triangles and one reference triangle. I used the following script to mutate the fractal in the preview window until I saw something cool:

Flame.SampleDensity := 5;
while not Stopped do
begin
RotateReference(1.6);
Preview;
end;

I used the editor to move triangles around and change their axis points. Ran the script. Modified triangles again. Ran the script. Repeated the process many times. Eventually I came up with this. I bumped up the brightness a bit and changed the gradient. Also put it in photoshop to add a signature...just because. Rendered it at 1024x768 at 450 quality, .4 FR, 2 oversample.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lysergia said...

Kickass!

9:47 AM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Great image. If you've just started with Apophysis you're doing an incredible job! Keep them coming.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Dzeni said...

This one has an amazing organic feel to it. Thanks for explaining how you did it. Very well done!

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home